The Gift That Pays My Rent

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

V day

OH FUCK!


I am actually in a relationship for the dreaded Valentines day. For the most part I consider this a day to drink whiskey and reflect on why I think the whole business of love and relationships is a silly thing for the complacent and desperate. I was the hold out of all of my friends and family, sure i would date from time to time, but I never really cared for the commitment, the dependency, the mess, the tears or the large amounts of money spent on the courtship process. I am lone wolf, who can see danger from a mile away. I sneered and giggled at my friends who fell like dominoes into the grasp of this black oblivion. Then, I met Mathew, and he was better and being with me than I was at pushing him away.


He has got giant eyes and noodle arms. Doc Holliday is his great, great, great grandfather. and for the past year or so I wake up everyday to his grouchy face. I love him, and his O.C.D ways. But now I am up shit creek because I have no clue what to do about Valentines day. All of my straight firend have chimed in with several different ideas on how to make this a success. here are the top 3 ideas and why they don't work for a guy like me.

(LOOKING FOR A GIFT FOR YOUR SWEETIE? CONSIDER CLICKING ON ONE OF THE AMAZON.COM LINKS ON MY PAGE AND GIVE THE GIFT OF AMAZON THIS VALENTINES DAY. BUT SERIOUSLY LINK FROM MY PAGE!0

First suggestion.

spread rose petals all over the house, light a bunch of candles and have a bubble bath waiting for him.

First Problem
Mathew has OCD and would freak out if there were a bunch a flower petals around the house.

Second Suggestion

Wait for him to come home and be naked on the bed with a bow around your junk.

Second Problem

Even the thought of that is making me laugh. I don't know if I could keep a straight face lon enough to pull it off.

Third Suggestion

go out for a romantic dinner and a concert/movie/whatever

Third Problem

Money


I think that the best solution is always the most simple. I love him everyday and I don't need to show that 1 day a year, I need to show it everyday.


BUY SHIT FROM AMAZON THROUGH MY BLOG PAPA NEEDS NEW UNDERWEAR!

2 comments:

  1. Haza! I can totally come to your page and go to amazon from here. I order from them ALL the time! Woot-! Clickity Clickity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I'm not a very romantic person, but Adam eats all that flowers, cards and candy stuff UP! I wish I knew of a place that sells and delivers single roses. Last year I ended up paying $55 for a not-even-that-impressive glass vase full of tulips that I had delivered to him while he was at work. He LOVED it, but then I was broke and he ended up buying me drinks that night anyway. -sigh-

    ReplyDelete